Wellbeing and Resilience
This page provides resources for employers and employees, in addition to your organisations EAP offers, here are a few more helpful links to support workforce wellbeing:
Online resource offering techniques designed to help NHS staff alleviate and combat high anxiety, panic and fatigue. Included are tutorial videos, recorded exercises and YouTube links to ensure staff have the tools they need at their fingertips at any point during the day.
- All Our Health: Mental Health and Wellbeing is a bite-sized session to give health and care professionals an overview of mental health and wellbeing - including key evidence, data and signposting to trusted resources to help prevent illness, protect health and promote wellbeing.
- For staff struggling with stress, feelings of anxiety or your mental health: Please see the NHS mental health and wellbeing advice website for self-assessment, audio guides and tools that you can use.
- The GM Health Hub have shared Living Life to the Full, this provides free online courses for Greater Manchester staff and residents covering low mood, stress and resiliency. Work out why you feel as you do, how to tackle problems, build confidence, get going again, feel happier, stay calm, tackle upsetting thinking and more.
- Register to access Health Education England e-modules
- Five Ways to Wellbeing module introduces the concept of wellbeing and describes how the Five Ways to Wellbeing can be implemented
- Mental Health Awareness module is designed to give a broad overview of what encompasses mental illness whilst highlighting the link between mental and physical health diagnoses. It also provides some simple guidance on how to best care for someone with mental health difficulties
Guidance and resources
- Every Mind Matters provides guidance on looking after your wellbeing while working from home
- PHE Guidance on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of COVID-19. Provides advice on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Mental Health at Work team have pulled together some useful and practical workplace wellbeing info into an online toolkit when you need it – to support both yourself and your colleagues. This includes great advice and guidance from:
- Visual guidance to support frontline staff: Stress, Coping + Resilience, Difficult Conversations, Care Homes + Coronavirus. In response to the pandemic, members from the Scottish Quality Safety Fellowship, with the team at Open Change, have created visuals on 3 key topics which they hope are of benefit to others, all available as PowerPoints and PDF Posters:
- Stress, Coping and Resilience;
- Difficult Conversations - Why we need to talk about dying;
- Care Homes and Coronavirus.
Please check the Greater Manchester Mental Health Hub for the latest updates from across the GM system.