The Growth Company: Levy advice and support (Education & Skills)
What is it?
- Perform a Training Needs Analysis with you
- Identify training needs and priorities
- Design Apprenticeship programmes which support your business objectives
- Help you manage succession planning
- Advise on funding
- Offer development opportunities for managers involved
- Design your Apprenticeship programmes with you, matching your relevant qualifications to job roles
- Offer bespoke training
- Recruit any new Apprentices required for free including advertising vacancies, shortlisting candidates and providing pre-employment training
- Deliver on-the-job and off-the job training
- Navigate you through the new regulations and funding rules
- Manage a supply chain of training providers and other services if needed
- Broker other specialist services
Why do it?
There are many benefits of using apprenticeship training for new or existing staff as outlined below. In addition, if you don't use your levy within 24 months, you will lose the money out of your levy pot.
80% of companies who invest in apprentices have reported a significant increase in employee retention
77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive
92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
59% report that training apprentices is more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff, with 59% believing that Apprenticeships lead to lower overall training costs.
The apprenticeship training would be paid out of the levy pot. If there is no money left in the levy pot, there may be additional training costs.
How to take forward:
http://theskillsco.ac.uk or call 0161 233 2656
Last Updated: May 2019