Skills for Care: Secrets of Success Research
What is it?
Recruitment and retention in adult social care: secrets to success. Learning from employers what works well (2017)
Research was conducted in adult social care organisations with a turnover of less than 10% to see how they successfully recruit and retain their staff. Findings from these employers included:
- recruiting people with the right values and behaviours, who are more likely to stay
- understanding your local area to inform business planning
- using innovative strategies to attract candidates from the local community
- offering quality training, positive working conditions, flexible working and competitive pay rates.
Why do it?
Following on from this and further research and expertise in this area, Skills for Care has a dedicated 'recruitment and retention' area of their website which is designed to help employers successfully recruit and retain people with the right values. It's split into:
- Planning your recruitment
- Recruiting the right people
- Retaining your staff
Free to access.
How to take forward:
Secrets of success report can be downloaded here:
Access the recruitment and retention website area here:
Updated: September 2019