Skills for Care: Support for Registered Managers
What is it?
Skills for Care supports registered managers at every stage of their career, from day one in the role to developing core skills and leadership styles.
By becoming a registered manager member of Skills for Care, you’re joining a community of registered managers dedicated to improving the quality of adult social care. Through registered manager membership of Skills for Care, you can enhance your own learning and development and access dedicated resources and support, whilst improving the quality of care that your service provides.
Good managers are committed to working with others and embedding best practice. The registered manager networks provide local, practical support and are a great way to meet other registered managers in your area. They are led by network chairs, who are also registered managers. Local networks meet at least three times per year and always ensure that the topics are relevant to those attending. Networks aren’t just a great source of information, they’re also an excellent source of support.
Why do it?
Being a member means that you can access many benefits to support your role, including:
- a copy of our ‘Social care manager’s handbook’ with a membership certificate.
- a monthly members’ newsletter
- discounts on Skills for Care resources and leadership development programmes
- access to exclusive resources.
Our network approach gives registered managers the chance to:
- access peer support, reducing isolation
- share valuable information about their role and service
- increase confidence outside of their daily environment
- share skills and best practice
- listen to guest speakers, including regulators and commissioners.
Membership costs only £35 for 12 months.
It's free to join your local network.
How to take forward:
For further information on the support available visit www.skillsforcare.org.uk/registeredmanagers
Updated: May 2019